ARRIVING IN MANCHESTER
Manchester Airport is located just south of Manchester city centre with quick and easy travel connections. It’s the easiest way to arrive into the city when travelling from outside the UK.
As an international student, a safe and stress-free arrival into the city of Manchester is very important. It’s equally important that your family know you have the knowledge and support to travel to your accommodation upon your arrival.
AIRPORT TO CITY CENTRE – TRAIN
Trains from Manchester Airport to Manchester Piccadilly station (city centre) take around 20 minutes. They run every 10 minutes, 7 days a week.
Save money by pre-booking your train tickets online on the official Manchester Airport website. You can also buy train tickets online for travel that day, or there are ticket machines and an information desk at the Manchester Airport train station.
More information on the Manchester Airport website
AIRPORT TO CITY CENTRE – TRAM
With over 90 stops, the Metrolink connects all parts of Manchester, no matter where you’re heading. Trams run direct from the airport to just outside the city, where you can change for a short tram ride to the centre.
More information on the Transport for Greater Manchester website.
Check out the Tram map on the Transport for Greater Manchester website.
AIRPORT TO CITY CENTRE – TAXI
Manchester licensed ‘black cab’ taxis operates from Manchester Airport. Taxi ranks are located just outside at all three Terminals and the train station. No booking is required, go straight to the taxi rank.
- Taxis take at least 5 passengers (many take 6) and their luggage
- No booking required, go straight to the taxi rank.
- Credit cards accepted – no fees
- A 100% wheelchair-accessible fleet
- A 5-mile journey will cost between £11.90 and £16.00
- A 10-mile journey will cost between £21.70 and £28.80
- Typically, a journey from Manchester Airport to Trafford area of Manchester is less than 10 miles